Life Coaching is a steady growing field and market, that is in higher demand everyday. At the same time, it’s so interesting because most people have NO IDEA what life coaching is all about. Many people have some idea what therapy is about, but still need more information on what life coaching is exactly, how it’s different and what are it’s benefits.
So, I put together this list. I hope it helps!
Life Coaching is mainly about:
- Developing a vision and purpose for ones life, business or both – getting clear on where you are and where you want to be
- Dealing with the present and planning for the future – creating a map and plan for the future
- Setting and reaching meaningful goals – set goals that excite you and elevate your performance
- Performing at higher levels – operate at higher levels with greater clarity and intention
- Creating solutions together (coach and client) – collaborate with your coach
- Held accountable by the coach – constant reflection and measurement of progress
- Developing a better communication, self talk and self esteem
- Sessions are held over the phone or on Skpye
Therapy is mainly about:
- Dealing with past issues and trauma
- Learning how to let go from the past
- Focused on achieving emotional balance and understanding
- Gets solutions from the therapist
- Sessions are held in person
- Deals with crisis
Both have the potential to add tremendous value to your life. I would argue that the biggest difference between the two is that Life Coaching deals with the present and focuses on moving forward with clarity, purpose and intention; while therapy deals with resolving the past.
How could life coaching benefit you? How could having a coach help you become more focused, productive, confident and aligned?
As always, share your thoughts on how this could fit into your life!
- 7 Ways You Can Benefit From Life Coaching
- What People Are Saying About Jeff Moore’s Life Coaching Sessions
- Who is Your Life Coach?
- How Much Everyday Power Do You Have?