With one little shift we can transform our view of exercise, working out and maintaining an overall fit lifestyle from a chore, to a way that elevates all areas of our life. Our life experience is fundamentally rooted in the amount of energy we have, how we feel about ourselves and our overall well being.
Here are five ideas that have not only worked in my own life, but have been transformative in the lives of others. Enjoy them. Use them. Tell me how it goes!
1. I have more than enough time to be extremely healthy!
The number 1 excuse is…you know…wait for it…”I don’t have enough time!” Many people love to blame work, or school or whatever, on why they cannot MAKE the time to exercise, run, job, walk, lift, do yoga or anything else that sustains an elevated heart right. Your health, energy and vitality are of utmost importance and play a critical role in your ability to achieve, contribute and be. Do not wait any longer, make the time for exercise now, so you have beneficial habits later.
2. I eat for fuel and energy.
Now this one was a major challenge for me and at times still is. I love food. I’m a foodie! Like most of you, when it’s time for dinner; it’s me vs. the plate. However, a time came when I had to make a shift in my eating habits and more importantly in my perspective of food. I had to let go of seeing food as a pleasurable activity and start seeing it as fuel for the only body I will ever have. Fuel your body with the best. Don’t try to change your mood with food; it’s a vicious cycle!
3. I am going to set a healthy lifestyle trend for my family!
Whether you have kids or not, come from a family with weight problems or not; dedicate yourself to starting the family tradition of health, exercise and durability. Many times, it is much more motivating if we are doing something that is bigger than ourselves. Don’t just do it for you, do it for your family and future family.
4. Exercise is the ultimate stress reliever!
Exercise has 3 main psychological benefits: it releases tons of endorphins, which are basically ‘feel good’ hormones; it is a mediation in motion, because in order to successfully workout you have to fully concentrate on what you are doing (blocking out all other internal dialogue) and it will improve your mood and overall self-image. Exercise will help you see yourself as self-reliant, a ‘go getter’ and someone who is literally moving in the right direction!
5. It’s my body I can do what I want! …WRONG!!!!! It’s your parents, children, grandchildren, friends and the worlds body; and they all need you to be present and be healthy. Similar to Belief #3, make your vision of yourself and your health larger, expand it. See yourself as an already existing or potential parent, grandparent and contributing member of the world. Be present for that gift and that expeirence. Do not jade or blur your life experience with weakness, sickness and chronic pain. It’s your body, yes; and it’s also the body of everyone else who is counting on you! Live accordingly!
Interested in working with Jeff, 1 on 1, to develop the mindset, routines and follow through needed to transform your health, body and self-image? Click here.
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter on Personal Empowerment by Jeff Moore!